Brenda’s Blog – December 1, 2015
“The cross is the attraction.”
Amy Carmichael was a missionary to India in the early 1900s. Her work at Dohnavur with endangered girls and boys still impacts the world today. When people wrote asking to come join the work she asked a series of questions. Here are a few:
1) Do you truly desire to live a crucified life?
2) Does the thought of hardness draw you or repel you?
3) Apart from the Bible can you name three or four books which have been of vital help to you?
4) Have you ever had opportunity to prove our Lord’s promise to supply temporal as well as spiritual needs?
5) Can you mention any experience you have passed through in your Christ life which brought you into a new discovery of your union with the crucified, risen, and enthroned Lord?
As we start looking back over the year, perhaps we can think deeply about these questions. They challenged me to my core. What does being a follower of Jesus truly mean? How can I live this out in Texas, not India?
The Lord called Amy to a life singularly focused. Maybe our callings are not quite as lasered, but they are indeed designed for us to live in order to “glorify God and enjoy Him forever.”